Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Beginning

Well hello all. I am hanging out in my hostel right now getting ready to go eat some dinner. So just a quick recap on the past two days events.

I flew from Dallas to Atlanta and then Atlanta to Brussels. Luckily (and I have no idea how) I slept for the majority of the flight to Brussels which would help me later in the day. So I got into the airport and met up with three of my friends. We got our baggage and went and hopped on the train
.

So we rode the train to Leuven and it was great because the hostel was all of 30 seconds from the train station. This made life easy. So we went and dropped our bags off (checkin was at 3:00 pm) and it was currently about 9:40 am. We left the hostel and began our journey across Leuven. We went East, South, West and North. We visited multiple parks and saw lots of women. I have to say that might have to be one of the greatest differences between Europe and Lubbock. There are no hot women walking around Lubbock, but here.....well I can't even start explaining. So we got lunch and enjoyed the "scenery". After that we visited another park and then started walking back to the hostel. Well 3:00 rolled around and we went and checked into our rooms and went had a meeting and ate dinner. I am rooming with my two friends Sam and Chance

Today the 28th we woke up nice and early and took a train to Brussels. We started a walking tour around the city visiting many many places. We had an assignment at the time so we had to take particular photographs. So we did a lot of walking and shooting and lunch rolled around. Sam, Chance and I walked around and found this nice restaurant to eat at. We had this funny French guy serve us so it was fun. So after this we all met up again and hopped on a metro to go visit the ATOMIUM.

This was built for the world expo (don't ask me the date I can't remember). But it represents an atom of an iron crystal magnified 164 billion times. Seems like a lot to me. So we went in and tourned this for a while again keeping our assignment in mind. Afterwards we all gathered together hopped on the train and headed back to Leuven.

We are all back at the hostel now and they just started serving dinner so I need to run.


Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment